So, as you know from my message last week, August marks the one – year Anniversary month for the Wish Tree Academy.
I’ve been inundated with warm wishes and congrats and I feel very blessed and grateful. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Now, this is important to remember: YOU make the Wish Tree Academy.
Without YOU there would be no Academy.
No learning space. No vessel for transformation or growth.
The Wish Tree Academy is YOURS.
In the past week, I’ve also had people say to me:
“Oh gosh! Did you learn and do all of that in just one year!? Blimey!”
Yes, it is true that I did learn an awful lot in just one year and I took action, consistently, without fail for that entire time.
However, what is also important to bear in mind is that the Wish Tree Academy is the result of:
- 12 years of running my own business or being self-employed
- Many years of study and research in learning, coaching and human development
- Over a decade of designing and delivering Signature Workshops, coaching and mentoring programmes with people in different countries
I’ve taken absolutely everything I’ve learnt from my journey so far including all these experiences, mistakes, failures, successes, highs and lows and poured it all into Wish Tree’s Academy. Wish Tree itself came into being 6 1/2 years ago.
Why am I sharing this with you?
Because it’s important to know that success is not what happens overnight even if it may look like that at first glance.
Success is the result of what we’ve worked patiently and consistently at over time: following inner and outer guidance, learning from our mistakes, taking action in the midst of great challenge. It’s what happens when we stick with our dream, plough forward with determination, allow ourselves to take calculated risks by investing in mentors and personal growth, follow our hearts, do work we don’t love (for money) so that we can eventually do work we adore (for money!).
There are no short-cuts in business.
We have to know our stuff. And we have to be supported.
I would never have been where I am today without coaches, mentors and wise people I’ve met along the way.
The times I even for a second thought I could do it all by myself have gone, predictably so, horribly wrong!
So today I am writing to invite you to sit with this notion of growing or launching your purpose-driven business sustainably:
- What do you believe about success?
- What does success mean to you?
- What will you bring with you into your business in the form of life experience, expertise, wisdom, skills, aptitudes and vision?
- What areas of setting up or running your business do you feel confident about? Less confident about? Why?
- What do you feel you want support with?
- What do you feel you want to learn more about in order to make your business a success (using your own definition of success)?